That is how someone described my cupcakes yesterday evening.
Needless to say, my head almost quadrupled in size with the positive comments!
I had however put A LOT of effort into finding an incredible chocolate cupcake recipe. I always find them to be way too dry. But low and behold, this was the moistest, most delicious, fluffy piece of awesome known to man. I kid you not. There are literally not enough adjectives out there to convey how good these tasted (in my opinion).
This recipe was slightly adapted from one on Pinterest.
It is as follows:
1 3/4 cups of plain flour (I used Tesco brand)
2 cups of caster sugar (I used Tesco brand)
3/4 cup of cocoa (I used Cadburys brand)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder (I used Tesco brand)
1 1/2 tsp bread soda (I used Shamrock brand)
1 tsp salt (I used average table salt)
2 eggs (I used Tesco brand)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of milk (I used Tesco brand – low fat)
1/2 cup of sunflower oil (I used Tesco brand)
1 cup of boiling water
600g icing sugar (I used Tesco brand).
350g white chocolate (I used Nestle Milky Bar)
220g butter (I used a buttery spread)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, oil and milk.
4. Mix wet mixture into dry mixture.
5. Stir in boiling water to create a thin mixture.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes (don’t over cook as this will lead to a dry mixture but don’t undercook either – I test my cupcakes with disposable bbq skewers).
8. Cool before frosting using the following instructions.
1. Melt white chocolate in a suitable bowl over a saucepan of boiling water on a low heat (don’t use the microwave, it’s lazy and is much more likely to burn the chocolate).
2. Mix butter and icing sugar at a low speed to create an even consistency.
3. Add melted white chocolate to the buttercream mixture.
4. Using a piping bag, get creative with your cupcakes (I added a chocolate star and plain chocolate shavings).
1. Prepare yourself for the awesomeness that you are about to experience.
2. Enjoy it!